Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Week Three Tri Training

So, I guess you can't be a rock star every week. And this week, I was far from one.

The week started out really poorly. I didn't work out Monday OR Tuesday! It was horrible. I just ran out of time. I had so much going out outside of training that I just couldn't get to it. I don't even know what I did on Monday or Tuesday!

Wednesday I went to spin class, which has actually turned into a brick every week followed by core training. I love my Wednesday workouts. It helps me prepare for the triathlon but also gets me going and usually keeps me motivated throughout the week. This week I realized that I'm at a level that I need to step it up a bit. We did a hard brick and then some intense core training, and I didn't even get winded. I need to push myself a bit harder now - running faster and spinning with more resistance.

Thursday was swim class, and I thought I was going to drown this week! It was so hard! It felt really good, but it was really hard. The goal by March 31st is to do 8 laps without stopping. Right now I can only do four, so I have to double my number in only four weeks. I guess that's a length every week. I realized that I definitely have to get in the pool more often. March's training schedule has me in the pool three times a week, so that should really help out.

Friday, again, I didn't work out. I was up late Thursday night packing for the weekend and just getting some things in order, and I left right after work for the airport. I just didn't get a chance to do it. Then Saturday and Sunday, I was in Chicago.

This post is full of ridiculous excuses as to why I didn't train. Really, there should be no excuse. Training needs to be a huge priority in my life. Next week's goals are to continue with my water intake and to complete all of the training sessions I set for myself.

No comments: