Monday, March 13, 2006

Week Four Tri Training

Well, this week's training was pretty run of the mill. It started out pretty slowly on Monday and Tuesday, but by Wednesday I had kicked it into high gear again.

By far the best work out of the week was Saturday. I did my team run on Saturday - only my second of the season. For some reason, I have had to miss the last couple, so I was really excited to get out there and be part of the team run. We met at Lake Calhoun as usual, and we ran on the outer track, which is 3.4 miles. Plus, whenever we reached a point that had a hill (side streets mostly), we would do four hill runs - up at a fast pace, then recovery on the way down, then back up again. It was SO hard. I haven't been running on my own enough, either, but I was so proud to say that I didn't stop running. Not once. AND, the coach even made an example out of my running partner, Kristin, and me. The coach told the entire group that they should watch us and our style and pace, which are perfect for triathlon running. Not too fast, but steady and consistent. I was really proud of that - I never thought of my running style as something to watch. It felt really great, and pushed me to work even harder and keep going the entire day. By the time we were finished, we had run about 4.5 miles total. It felt great! Well, until Sunday morning...

The best part about my triathlon week, though, was my fundraising. As of today, I have raised almost $800. As of March 1, I only had $50!! The generosity of my family, friends and co-workers has been fantastic, and so greatly appreciated. I'm almost halfway to my overall goal. I'm coming up with a couple more fundraising ideas, such as a spaghetti dinner, so that I'll have no problems coming up with the entire amount. And the fundraising has really pushed my motivation level up - I don't want to let anyone down! So, to those of you reading who've donated, thank you so much! To those you haven't donated yet, click on the link to the right to donate now!

No comments: