Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Mark



This week, my Thirsday Thirteen is dedicated to Mark. Below are 13 (of the millions) things that remind me that I have the most amazing man in the world.

1. He writes me little notes before he goes to work almost every day, so that when I get home at night I am reminded of just how much he loves me.

2. When I went home to WI for a very busy weekend a few weeks ago, he surprised me when I got back to Mpls. on Sunday night with a hot bath, complete with rose petals and candles.

3. He learns my favorite songs, and then plays them on the guitar for me.

4. He wakes up in the morning with me just to snuggle for a few minutes.

5. He understands - and supports - my obsession with handbags.

6. He is willing to watch girly chick flicks with me - like The Notebook - just because he knows what a hopeless romantic I am.

7. He is my #1 supporter when it comes to the triathlon. When it is cold and rainy outside, he's my cheerleader to get me out of bed and ready for a great run.

8. He knows that although I think of myself as a well-organized and tidy person, I am truly, hopelessly messy - and thinks it's sweet. (Well, at least I tell myself that he thinks it's sweet...)

9. Every Sunday night, he buys me a little pint of ice cream that we share while watching the Sopranos and Grey's Anatomy.

10. He tells me that I am beautiful all the time - even when I'm sitting around on a Sunday in my old tank top and sweatpants.

11. He takes every opportunity to surprise and celebrate me - not just on my birthday or our anniversary.

12. He cleans the bathroom.

13. Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me how proud he is of me.

I hope you all have a person in your life who helps you to remember how great you are. Happy Thursday!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



36 comments:

Master Enigma said...

What a great guy. I took a few notes on things I could be doing for my wife. Wish I played the guitar.

My 13 is up and trying hard to improve itself over at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

Dale Challener Roe said...

Good for you two.

My 13 is up.

Carmen said...

ok, now i'm jealous. I want to find a great guy. Does your guy have any nice friends? :)

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

How sweet! We all need a man that understands the handbag obsession!

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Happy Thursday!

Emily said...

what an awesome list; he sounds like such a fabulous guy. :)

my 13 is up also.

Kimmy said...

Awww! Now he's my kinda guy! Does he have a single brother? Just askin'!

I love all 13... now when I'm watchin' Grey's Anatomy I'll think of you two cuddlin' and eatin' ice cream. Great! Now it will make me even more depressed ;)

Great list!

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Next to every great man stands one hell of an amazing woman.

Sherri said...

awwww...what an amazing man!

Thanks for visiting my site:)

owlhaven said...

Great list. Thanks for stopping by mine!

mary, mom to many

-tnchick- said...

That's so nice, I love reading the praise. My husband is amazing, too - the fact that he cleans and such is just a perk! LOL :)

Movin Mom said...

Aawww sounds like a really sweet guy...I love that time in a relationship when it's all about the two of you. GREAT 13 and thanks for making it so easy to access others. My 13 are up

cristina said...

wow! great list! love your nr. 2 and nr. 6. I have never watched Notebook, but i read it on the train once, and i was sobbing the whole way!
my husband is also a great supporter and i love him beyond words. good to know there are still nice guys out there. ;)
thanks for the visit!

Unknown said...

Mark is someone you should KEEP!!!

Thanks for dropping by my T T

Lazy Daisy said...

Oh baby, he's a keeper! What a sweet post and I'm so glad you have some one special in your life who thinks you're the greatest. Thanks for coming by.

Susan said...

How special! I hope he reads your blog, too OR that you take the time to show him your list.

:-)

Courtney said...

What a lucky gal you are! My dh does #10, but none of the others. I love that he learns and plays your favorite songs on the guitar. How sweet! Thanks for visiting my TT today too.

Melli said...

YOU are a very lucky lady -- and it's wonderful that you know it! I hope you treat him as well as he treats you and that you will have a hundred years to celebrate each other together! :)

Thank you for stopping by my site!

Norma said...

This is a great tribute to Mark. How nice that you recognize and appreciate his good qualities. One more thing for him to admire about you! And he cleans the bathroom. You've got the ladies swooning.

Tanya said...

Think I've just fallen in love with him :)

Thanks for seeing my 13.

Just Me said...

Oh I love #5. I need to find my youngest daughter a man like Mark. She has a vast collection of bags - we call her The Bag Lady because of it :)

Thanks for visiting my TT
Elle xx

Anonymous said...

He doesn't have any brothers, but he's got an awesome single sister! I love you both.

Carol

Katherine said...

Holy cow are you a lucky woman! I'm sure you deserve that great treatment. Are you a newlywed??

Anonymous said...

Yup I sure do and his name has the same first name....and he cleans the shower too :)
Thanks for stopping by my T13 today :)

-R- said...

What a nice present for him to read. You both sound great!

My 13 is at www.andyouknowwhatelse.blogspot.com

Matt said...

I don't have a wife, but my girlfriend is truly amazing.

My TT is up here.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a great guy, but he never cleaned the bathroom when he lived at home! We love you Mark!

Unknown said...

Ditto what everyone else said. He is a great guy. ;)

http://www.bloglegion.com/skittles/

Paisley said...

Sounds like a great guy!! I have a great one too. We're so lucky.

:)

MaR said...

He sounds like a great guy, you two are lucky!!! thanks for visiting my tt, you know why I am late visiting this time :)

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://rnjwcqus.com/mgsw/dnrj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ncmakpcq.com/pbjl/ktkq.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://rnjwcqus.com/mgsw/dnrj.html | http://wxwqhfeo.com/nigc/jbgz.html

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://hpwnvzde.com/lkmz/rpic.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wjkcqmwf.com/tmrb/kerc.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://hpwnvzde.com/lkmz/rpic.html | http://uxjcwefp.com/vyfr/tdnn.html

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read circuit breakers klixon venlafaxine