Friday, May 26, 2006

My friends

I have decided that I really like my friends. Now, this may seem obvious, that one would like his or her friends. But sometimes it's good to sit down and really think about your friends.

There are probably a thousand and one reasons why I love each of my friends. Here are a few for this holiday weekend...

They support me when I do crazy things - like train to compete in a triathlon.
They share my joy when I have good news - like when Mark and I decided to move in together.
They allow me to share in their joy - like when they get engaged.
They yell at me when I'm being stupid - like taking my boyfriend for granted.
They listen to me when I'm sad and I can't burden anyone else with my heavy load - like when Mark gets sick.
They email me just to say hello and update me on the little details in their lives - like which shoes they will wear for their wedding or what they will name their new puppy.
They allow me to support them - like when they are having a difficult time with their boyfriend.
They share their lives with me and make me a part of their most important moments - like when they get married or buy a new house.

I just like my friends. A lot. I hope you like yours, too.

Happy Memorial Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be TERRIBLY presumptuous and believe that one of these friends you speak of is ... ME! So to that I say, I really like you too. In fact, I love you! It's important to be grateful for all that we have. Good post! :) Have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!!

Christi said...

I love posts that reflect on the positive things in life.

Great post. Happy Memorial Weekend!! =)

Haddock said...

you like art! great!

And what's about my "Amadeo Modigliani"?

thanks,

Anonymous said...

I am also going to presume I am one of those friends..(getting engaged, sharing in wedding day, new house, new puppy...) and I just want to say that I really love you too. There is no better friend that Amanda! How lucky we were to meet those 21 years ago!!