Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Wedding Edition

I am opting not to use the traditional TT template today, just because I don't feel like it. And, it's a little early for a TT, but I don't care today. I want to post now. :)

I had wanted to post about this much earlier in the week, but I was exhausted after the amazing weekend and couldn't muster the energy to post. But alas, I post.

This past weekend, on Friday, May 5, 2006, my oldest friend in the world married her long time love. What can one say about a wedding such as this? Not a lot that can be put into words. It was truly amazing. The bride looked beautiful, the food was wonderful, and the dancing didn't stop all night. It was one of the best weddings I have ever been to, if not the best. Every last detail was planned and purposefully done in a certain way, and Eric and Heather could be seen in every last one. It was warm and inviting, the way a wedding should be. It wasn't stuffy or boastful. It was overflowing with love.

But again, I can't quite put into words just how the whole event made me feel, and so, my 13 today are 13 images from the day. Enjoy them. I know that I'll enjoy these photos - and the many memories - for the rest of my life.


The heart in the tree out the window at Chapel on the Hill



Getting into that all-important dress


A great picture with my dear friend...waiting for the excitment to start


Waiting for the bride to start her journey to married life


The cutest little ring bearer ever!


The bride makes her way down the aisle


The vows


You may now kiss the bride!


Bubbles for the happy couple!


Cutting the cake...and might I add that it was a most delicious cake!


Giving my toast


Me and my handsome man at the reception


First dance as husband and wife...have you ever seen two people more in love?

A big congratulations and I love you to Eric and Heather Whitten. I know that they will share a life of unwaivering love and devotion.

And a happy Thursday to you all.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the love and support. This was a wonderful blog entry and Mark took some great pictures. Love you much -- I can't say it enough!!!

Megan said...

Beautiful! It looks like it was a wonderful, perfect day for your friend. You all look so happy!

My TT is up.

MaR said...

That's a different and happy TT, thanks for sharing joyful pictures. And thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

You know what last weekend was? Fan freakin' tastic that's what. This was such an amazing wedding and a fun-filled weekend. I even had a blast at the gift opening! Heather and Eric, I hope to see you both very soon! Nothing says awesome like a Bride and her Groom rocking out to Voodoo Child!!

Mark

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures! I love a good wedding story. :)

Anonymous said...

Great Thursday Thirteen. :) It was the greatest, most fun and special night.

-tnchick- said...

Yeah, I saw someone more in love. Myself! LOL

Lovely photos and that tree is cool.

Marriage is a great thing - I married my high school sweetheart almost 13 years ago and still so much in love!

Jo said...

Beautiful! Weddings (*sniff*) always make me cry (*sniff*sniff*).

I love the pic of the heart in the tree.

Leesa said...

Wow...great 13 :)

Unknown said...

Awww, sweet TT, Beautiful bride and bridesmaid dresses! You could probably wear that one again. Everyone looks great! Thanks for visiting my TT. Happy T-Day!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome T13 and what a tribute to your friend :) - it will be out in cyber space forever :).
What a great weekend for you and your man. :) Thank you for sharing this special event with us.

Anonymous said...

I love the heart in the tree, too. I've never seen it!

Will you do a Thursday 13 of my wedding someday?

Or heck, how about a Friday 50? :)

Amanda said...

Erin, yes I will do a Thursday 13 about your wedding as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Mark, that tie totally doesn't go with that shirt ;)