Monday, May 15, 2006

A crime riddle...

Here's a crime riddle for you to solve. Read through this information, and then leave your guess in the comments section. Try to solve this within 60 seconds.

A woman was tried in an American court and was convicted guilty. The judge ordered the death penalty, and it was carried out. She did not commit murder or treason.

What was her crime, and in what city did it occur?

Again, leave your guesses in comments. I'll check back tomorrow morning to see if there are any questions, or if people need a few more clues...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Witchcraft.

Salem, Mass.

That's my guess. Because you didn't say when this happened right? I'm probably totally missing the point ... but I don't have time to think more about it right now! :)

Christi said...

Erin that was my guess too!!!!

Amanda said...

Hmmmm....a couple of good ones there.

What other ideas are out there...?

Anonymous said...

Is it Ethel Rosenberg in New York City with the candlestick... I mean Espionage?

-Carol

Anonymous said...

An illegal immigrant in El Paso, after W gave is heart warming speech about how English is our national language. Also, it has something to do with America, but not North America maybe. I hate riddles. And I hate uncle Jamie!! No me gusta.

Mark

Amanda said...

OK, good work guys. And a few good guesses.

The correct answer is....

Withcraft, and it happened in Salem, Mass.

Smarty-pants Erin was the first to respond correctly, so she gets the grand prize. Here it is:

:) Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

YAY!

You have a nice day, too!

Anonymous said...

Aside from the witch thing I was going to guess it didn't happen as a jury decides upon a death penalty not a judge :p