Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Triathlon Countdown: 4 Days

Well, I had wanted this countdown to start on Saturday, with a full 7 days to go until the big event. Unfortunately, I was home for my grandma's funeral, and I didn't feel much like posting. To be honest, I don't much feel like posting right now, so this'll just be a short one.

I met with Courtney, my TNT staff member, earlier today to go over the logistics of the race. There was a big meeting that I missed last night, and Courtney was kind enough to meet with me today to go over everything. It REALLY helped to alleviate some of my fears about the day of.

Today I'm feeling very tired, probably caused by a variety of things: not eating well, not sleeping well last night, and the whirlwind of emotions I'm experiencing right now. I'm hoping that throughout this week I can really focus on eating well, getting plenty of rest and fluids, and keeping my head focused on the race.

I saw the weather this morning. The forecast for Saturday is 99 degrees, hot with high levels of humidity and no cloud cover. Holy crap. I was told to remember my fluids during the race course, and to listen to my body. I'm still going to push for a finish time of around 3:44, but the heat might play a major role in my finish time. But, as instructed, I'll listen to my body and what it's telling me. Extra breaks might just be the trick for my successful finish.

Ok, this post isn't all that coherent, but I'm tired and not really focused. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day. Check back then.