Monday, February 27, 2006

The Weekend

I felt like the weekend went way to fast this time around. Well, it always goes way to fast, but Mark and I were so busy that this past weekend seemed to go by faster than usual.

On Friday night Mark’s friend Tim and his girlfriend Kate came over for some drinks and to go to dinner. We’ve hung out with Tim and Kate hundreds of times, but never just the four of us. The original plan was to head out and have a couple of drinks at our house and then go to Buca di Beppo for dinner. When we got to Buca, though, the wait for a table was an hour and a half. So we decided to grab some take out and go back home. Tim and Kate had brought over a good bottle of wine and we just had a great time relaxing and chatting for the night.

Saturday morning Mark and I did some stuff around the house before deciding to rent a movie and just relax for the afternoon. Mark had only gotten about four hours of sleep on Friday night, so he was pretty exhausted by about 1:00. We rented Elizabethtown, which I didn’t like very much. I thought that it was going to be a good story about two people falling in love, but it was about something different I guess. It was way too much like Jerry MaGuire. But it was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Saturday night Mark went to dinner with Jason and Mitch. Mark works with those two guys, and once a month they go out for a nice dinner at a different restaurant to explore the city a bit. On Saturday they went to Zelo and then came back to our house to watch a boxing match. I, of course, decided it was another great opportunity to have a girls’ night, so I called Megan and Kristin. I unfortunately don’t get to see either of those girls nearly as much as I’d like to, so it was so fantastic to get a night with just the three of us. We started out the night at my place with a nice glass of wine, and then headed out to Taste for a bottle of Rosado and some tapas. We spent a good couple of hours there just catching up and enjoying each other’s company. After that we headed to the Rock Bottom Brewery for some Spicy Spinach Cheese Dip and some Nachos before heading home for the night. I have done some really fun things in the past few weeks, but Saturday night was one of the best. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of good friends, some wine and a free-flowing conversation to make the best of nights.

Sunday morning I got up for my run, and then Mark and I had a day to ourselves. We got new cell phones, did some grocery shopping, made dinner and watched Grey’s Anatomy. Although we got to spend the day together, we still feel like we didn’t get to spend enough time together this weekend. That’s what happens when you work separate schedules. You learn how to deal with it, but you never really stop missing the other person.