Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oh, Christmas Tree

Mark and I finally pulled the Christmas decorations out of storage, put together our artificial tree, and decorated the house for the holidays.

When we first decided to decorate on Saturday, I must admit that I wasn't really in the mood. Work and life in general have been so crazy lately that I haven't even had time to get excited for the holiday. But as soon as I opened up my big Rubbermaid container of Christmas decorations and ornaments, the excitement just flooded right back into me. I couldn't wait to get the tree up and decorate so that our house would feel like a home at Christmastime.

Here's some pics of the tree. Sadly, we can't have a real tree yet because we are still in an apartment. And, we don't really have the necessary amount of lights. But, we decorated the heck out of that tree with ornaments collected through the years and a whole bucket of love.






We also spent some time in the kitchen and made Haystack Cookies, something I'm sure we'll do year after year. That is one great thing about getting older and having your own sort of life - you get to start your own set of holiday traditions. Mark got the recipe for a no-bake cookie from a friend at work, so we decided to try it out. They are SO GOOD! We were pretty proud of our no-bake abilities.






I hope you are into the holiday season! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you two in your pajamas! Too cute. :) Nice tree! And your cookies look yuuuuuummy!

Anonymous said...

Cute! What fun. Why is it that you can't have a real tree in your apartment?