Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oscar Season!

It’s Oscar season, boys and girls, and I’m loving it! It’s my second favorite time of year!

Since I can remember, my mom and I have been Oscar freaks. As soon as the nominees are announced, it’s a race to the movie theaters to see all of the films that are nominated. We try to see all of the movies that have been nominated for any of the six awards that are most important to us – Best Picture, Best Directing, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress. Some years it’s a very difficult feat to get to all of the movies. My mom is usually better than I am at seeing them all. But this year, I am determined to do it. After I have seen the movies, I’ll put up what my picks are for each category.

To help me on my quest, and to keep you all posted on the wonderful world of Oscar, here are the nominees in my favorite six categories:

Best Picture:
Crash
Brokeback Mountain
Munich
Good Night, and Good Luck
Capote

Best Directing:
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Munich

Best Actor:
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Capote
Terrence Howard - Hustle & Flow
Heath Ledger - Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix - Walk the Line
David Strathairn - Good Night and Good Luck

Best Actress:
Judi Dench - Mrs. Henderson Presents
Felicity Huffman - TransAmerica
Keira Knightly - Pride & Prejudice
Charlize Theron - North Country
Reese Witherspoon - Walk the Line

Best Actor, Supporting:
George Clooney - Syriana
Matt Dillon - Crash
Paul Giamatti - Cinderella Man
Jake Gyllenhall - Brokeback Mountain
William Hurt - A History of Violence

Best Actress, Supporting:
Amy Adams - Junebug
Catherine Keener - Capote
Frances McDormand - North Country
Rachel Weisz - The Constant Gardener
Michelle Williams - Brokeback Mountain

Happy Oscar Season, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WALK THE LINE IS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE!! YOU MUST SEE THAT! IT'S ONE OF THOSE MOVIES THAT YOU CAN'T STOP THINKINNG ABOUT FOR DAYS AFTER YOU SEE IT! HEATHER

Anonymous said...

Call me crazy, but after watching the Golden Globes, and the SAG awards with my award show obsessed lover, my money is on my favorite actor and uncle Phillip Seymour Hoffman for best actor. Other than than, who can bet against a gay cowboy movie?

Mark