Friday, August 18, 2006

A little life

I haven't posted in quite some time, so I thought that I'd do a little life update for my millions of readers.

Life as an engaged person has been quite lovely. It's been so fun to show off my beautiful ring to coworkers, friends and finally my family last weekend. Sadly, I had to take it in to get resized on Monday, and it was supposed to be out until today. It is amazing how much I missed something that I only had for a short time. But they called last night and said it was in, so I scurried right over to pick it up. It's the most sparkly and pretty ring I've ever seen! No offense, of course, to all of those other rings out there that are lovely and beautiful, but every woman feels that hers is the prettiest! That's why she picked it out!

Last weekend at home in WI was so wonderful. I had a great day of shopping with my sister; went to see Lexi in her acting debut in A Pig Called Wilbur at the Malthouse Theater; walked the lake path in Lake Geneva with my mom, Nikki, and the kids; celebrated my mom's 50th birthday with the whole family; and talked wedding talk with the parents. It was a relaxing, yet busy, weekend at home.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend ahead. I'm heading over to Susie and Kristin's tonight for some wine and some chatting. Saturday night, Mark and I are going to Oceanaire to celebrate our engagement and to say good-bye to fine dining for a while. We're going to be saving, saving, saving in the next year or so for the big upcoming wedding. So, we decided to go out with a real bang!

I think that's all the big stuff for right now. Hope your life is going splendidly too!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Um, I don't know who put this up here, but gross. And, get a life of your own.

Inappropriate.

Anonymous said...

Can't you, as the blog author, delete those comments?

Amanda said...

I don't know how! I tried to, but i couldn't figure out where to do it. Any one know?

Christi said...

You can also put a block on those so that "spam" people have to pass a little word test before it can comment. It blocks out ridiculous things like that =) Just play around in your options menu, you'll find out how.